Night Astronomy Unit 1 Telescopes Assignment #1 Telescopes
1. Explain how these three telescopes collect and focus light.
Schmidt Cassegrain or SCT
2. What would be the best telescope to see very faint celestial objects like faint galaxies and nebula?
3. What would be the best “all around” telescope for portability and viewing?
4. What would be the best telescope to specialize in viewing the planets and astrophotography?
5. Draw a diagram showing the light path in a reflector telescope
6. Give one advantage and one disadvantage of an Altazimuth Mount
7. Give one advantage and one disadvantage of an equatorial mount
8. On a map or globe, coordinates are given in Latitude and Longitude. What terms are used to give celestial coordinates in the sky?
9. Visit the link “purchasing a new telescope” pick one telescope and write down the price and model number for each of these types telescopes
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor